Your Mississauga movers team brings the right equipment and tools for the job. They employ the best furniture-moving techniques to ensure the safe handling and transport of every furnishing in your home. Whether handling a mahogany armoire or a metal folding chair, our Mississauga movers follows procedures to protect every item in their care.
Shuttle furniture movers are also expert packers. Take lamps, for example. Depending on the kind and size of lamp, our movers may use pad-wraps or cartons. We pack lamp shades inside cartons, with plenty of protective material around them to keep them safe during transport. There's a best way for preparing every piece of furniture for moving, and our professionals bring these techniques for your move and your peace of mind.
When you decide to move with Shuttle Movers we let you decide how much help you want from our Mississauga movers - whether you want us to simply load and unload or even help you with the packing, we are a leader among local Mississauga moving companies and are here to serve you. Learn more about our professional, Mississauga moving services today.
- Pack as many boxes as possible - for fast loading, protection, easy trolleying and secure, tidy stacking in the van.
- Get your packing supplies, i.e. cardboard boxes, bubble wrap, tape, tape guns, tissue paper, wrapping paper, wardrobe boxes, all kinds of moving boxes.
- Keep the following supplies handy for packing: boxes, marking pen, bubble wrap, newspaper, scissors, tape measure.
- Pack a box with the things you will need as soon as you arrive to your new home. Plates, cups and cutlery, bottled water, tea, coffee, sugar, long life milk, electric kettle, toilet paper, soap etc.
- Defrost, clean and dry your refrigerator the day before your move. Make sure you use up all “sensitive” food prior to your move to avoid throwing it out.
- Take pictures and mirrors down and put them all in one place.
- You should carry jewellery, documents and any money. Do not pack valuable items into the boxes.
- Make sure you have marked all your ‘fragile’ boxes.
- Try to pack TV’s, computers and small appliances in their original boxes if they are kept.
- Have all electrical cords wound up and taped.
- Use small boxes for heavy items such as books; CD’s, kitchenware.
- Avoid loading more than 50 pounds into one box.
- When packing boxes, try to line them with crushed paper and fill all the gaps with crushed paper also to avoid their movement. Put heavy items first and light items on the top.
- Label each box and indicate the following:
(a) Which room it should go in
(b) Whether it is fragile
(c) If it should be loaded last so it will be unloaded first.
- Try using cartons instead of plastic bags. They provide privacy, reduce damage and are stackable. Bags are not.
- Disassemble any beds, swings, trampolines or items that cannot be moved without being taken apart.
- Do not use duck tape or sticky tape on your furniture, as it will remove its lacquer. Use masking tape instead.
Get in Touch
Call us today at 647-704-9249 for more information or to discuss your requirements further. We hope you find our Moving House Checklist useful